Funky Beats


Do you like my songs?

Monday, April 20, 2009

Music
0510
Period 5
3/24/09
Tigers
Do you like being creative? Do you enjoy being good at something? Do you just love when you make or do something that someone else appreciates or likes? When I was about nine or ten years old I would take piano lessons twice a week. I used to hate it like people hate being sick, so I quit after a year. Recently, I have found that the piano is my favorite instrument and I am getting very good at it. In the past two months, I have learned about four new songs on the piano. My brother has also taken up the guitar again so we can play together and record songs. Some of the songs are You Found Me by The Fray, Drops of Jupiter by Train, Mr. Brightside by The Killers, and Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey. We record them on my computer because I have the software for it. My brother and I play piano, guitar, drums, and I play the Saxophone.
I have also taken a liking to the guitar. I have learned about 10 new songs within 2 weeks. Some of them are Dream On by Aerosmith, Hell’s Bells by AC/DC, Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against, Sweet Home Alabama by Leonard Skynard, Devil in a Midnight Mass by Billy Talent, Hysteria by Muse, Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria, and The Kids Aren’t Alright by The Offspring. I am also writing a song but I haven’t gotten all the lyrics done yet and with my schedule, I don’t know how long it will take to finish them.
On the drums, I can play many songs but a lot of it can be made up. The drums keep the beat to many songs. Some of my favorite songs to play are Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria, Rock & Roll Band by Boston, Smokin’ by Boston, and again, Devil in a Midnight Mass by Billy Talent. All of those songs are very difficult to play and took about a week each to perfect. I probably shouldn’t have tried to learn them but I did and I am glad I did.
Besides baseball, music is my favorite thing in the world, I can’t get enough of it. I love how I can play anything I want and make anything I want. I can make it sound how I want and I can make the mood whatever I want. I control everything and nobody can tell me what to play or how to play it. That’s why I love it so much. Music is what I do in most of my spare time.
I highly encourage everyone who has extra time to find an instrument they like because music has changed my life like nothing else has ever done. If you are creative, music is a great thing to be good at because you can play whatever you want. My friends and I can play music like there’s no tomorrow because it never gets boring. We can improvise at anytime. That’s why music is one of my favorite things in the world.

No comments:

Followers